The leading experts in dementia in Bristol are involved in the team. The HIT management team is made up of:
- HIT directors: Dr Maria-Paloma Sequeiros Camarinha , Specialty Doctor in Later Life Psychiatry, Dr Hilary Archer, Consultant Neurologist with Special Interest in Dementia North Bristol Trust.
- Dementia friendly communities workstream leads: Sue Jaques, Commissioning Manager Ageing Well & Dementia, South Gloucestershire Council.
- Research workstream leads: Professor Richard Cheston, Professor of Mental Health Research, UWE and Professor Yoav Ben-Shlomo, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology, University of Bristol
- Public and patient involvement workstream leads: Lorna Robertson, Operations Manager, Bristol, Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire, Alzheimer's Society
- HIT co-ordinator: Dr Julie Clayton, University of Bristol
- HIT patient and public involvement support: Jan Connett, Project Manager, Bristol Health Partners
Several other key individuals contribute to delivering the work of the HIT including:
- Dr Peter Bagshaw, GP lead for Dementia and Mental Health, South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Sandra Akintola, Clinical Project and Dementia Lead, Bristol Community Health
- Helen Morgan, Deputy Chief Nurse, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust