Between 1998 and 2018, opioid prescribing more than doubled. While these drugs are highly effective for some people, for others they can be ineffective and often cause harm. The complexity of finding the right solutions with people, and addressing the increase in prescription opioid dependence requires collaboration, research ideas and responding to patients’ experiences.
The Drug and Alcohol Health Integration Team (HIT)
is bringing people together to address this challenge.
Join us to:
- Hear about the national report into this issue and consider its recommendations
- Get insight into the issue of prescription opioid dependence in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG)
- Get a personal experience of painkiller addiction from Cathryn Kemp
- Hear from a successful research study addressing this issue
- Work with local commissioners, service providers, service users and researchers to develop a BNSSG response