Who are the BABCON HIT members?
BABCON brings together clinicians, academics, patients and carers to focus on improving the lives of those with bladder and bowel symptoms.
BABCON includes almost 100 members who are all passionate and enthusiastic to drive change in this fundamental area of healthcare.
The BABCON leadership team is:
- Director: Nikki Cotterill, Associate Professor in Continence Care, University of West of England and Bristol Urological Institute, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Co-Director: Marcus Drake, Professor of Physiological Urology, University of Bristol and Bristol Urological Institute, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Co-Director: Kathryn McCarthy, NIHR Lead for Surgical Research, West of England and Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Associate Director: Paul Abrams, Professor of Urology, University of Bristol and Consultant Urological Surgeon, North Bristol NHS Trust
BABCON's core partners include:
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership
- Bristol City Council
- Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group
- North Bristol NHS Trust (HIT sponsor)
- Sirona care & health
- University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust
- University of Bristol
- University of West of England
- Bladder and Bowel UK
- ERIC - The Children's Bowel and Bladder Charity
- West of England MS Therapy Centre
- Age UK Bristol
We work more broadly with other organisations to conduct and deliver the work of BABCON as detailed below:
The BABCON HIT is supported by Carla Southworth, Senior Project Manager, Bristol Health Partners and has a steering group chaired by Professor Jenny Donovan, Professor of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, to oversee progress and director of our activities.