The Dementia Health Integration Team (HIT) is a group of professionals working together to develop services for people living with a dementia, through research, integrating and improving services and support, and expanding dementia-friendly communities.
Dementia is a growing challenge. It’s estimated that 850,000 people in the UK live with dementia and that one in three people will care for someone with dementia in their lifetime.
We work in partnership across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire with people living with dementia, universities, councils, NHS trusts, voluntary sector organisations and charities.
The Dementia HIT aims to work with our partners to achieve the best quality of life for people and their families living with dementia.
We are doing this by:
- developing dementia research to inform service provision
- addressing regional inequalities in dementia services
- expanding post-diagnostic services
- developing a Dementia Model of Care within the NHS Ageing Well programme
- engaging with people living with dementia to improve the outcomes of our work.