The Chronic Pain HIT brings together clinicians, academics, patients and carers to focus on improving the lives of those with Chronic Pain. The HIT includes over 75 members, all of whom are keen to see improved support in pain services.
Dr Jenny Lewis – Associate Professor of Clinical Research, University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) and Senior Clinical Occupational Therapist, Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Trust.
Carla Southworth – Chronic Pain HIT Project Manager, Bristol Health Partners
Shass Blake – Patient Partner and Public Education and Information
James Byron – Director of Marketing and Engagement, Dorothy House Hospice Care
Dr Jeremy Gauntlett-Gilbert – Principal Clinical Psychologist, Bath Centre for Pain Services, RNHRD, RUH Bath NHS FT
Rachel Goodwin – Lead Physiotherapist in Pain Management, UHBW NHS FT
Professor Edmund Keogh – Professor in Psychology, Deputy Director of Bath Centre for Pain Research, University of Bath
Dr Sarah Love-Jones – Pain Consultant, North Bristol NHS Trust, Pain Clinic
Dr David Porteous – GP and Clinical Director FABB Primary Care Network, Fishponds Family Practice
Dr Tomas Welsh – Consultant Geriatrician, RUH Bath NHS FT, Research Fellow, Research Institute for the Care of Older People (RICE), University of Bristol
Elizabeth Williams – Transformation Manager for Planned Care, NHS Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire CCG
Professor David Wynick – Professor of Molecular Medicine, University of Bristol, Honorary Consultant in Pain Medicine, UHBW NHS FT, Joint R&D Director for UHBW NHS FT and NBT
Working with patients and the public
Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement is considered an essential component of ALL of our activities. We will follow best practice guidance and use local and national education and training resources (INVOLVE, People in Health West of England, Bristol Health Partners Digital Health Training) to equip our research partners to be integral members of our research teams.
Our HIT is committed to promoting and developing equality and diversity, and will follow best practice to support inclusivity in all of its activities.
Our core partners
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- BANES, Swindon and Wiltshire Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (BSW STP)
- Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (BNSSG STP)
- North Bristol NHS Trust (NBT)
- Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust (RUH)
- University of Bath (UoBath)
- University of Bristol (UoB)
- University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)
- University of the West of England, Bristol (UWE)
- Vita Health Group
We work more broadly with other organisations to conduct and deliver the work of Chronic Pain HIT:
- British Pain Society
- Versus Arthritis
- National Institute for Health Research Applied Research Collaboration West (NIHR ARC West)
- Remedy: BNSSG Referral Pathways and Joint Formulary (BNSSG CCG)
- RACE: Research Action Coalition for Race Equality
- UKRI: UK Research and Innovation
The Chronic Pain HIT is keen to hear from anyone with an interest in Chronic Pain. Our membership represents a broad range of healthcare providers, professions and service users.