Nine of our eleven partner organisations are directly involved in the Healthy Weight HIT. The HIT also draws on a diverse network of people from across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire, and beyond, who have an interest in, or work in, the prevention and treatment of obesity. Members of the public who live with overweight and obesity have a central role in shaping the work of the HIT.
The HIT leadership team includes five co-directors:
- Karen Coulman, NIHR Clinical Lecturer, University of Bristol and Honorary Bariatric Surgery Dietitian, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Ruth Mears, Clinical Research Fellow, University of Bristol
- Julian Hamilton-Shield, Professor of Diabetes and Metabolic Endocrinology, University of Bristol and Honorary Paediatric Consultant, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust
- Justine Womack, Public Health Consultant, Office for Health Improvement and Disparities South West
- Sally Hogg, Public Health Consultant, Bristol City Council