The NIHR Health Protection Research Unit in Environmental Change and Health Annual Conference 2020
The HPRU in Environmental Change and Health undertakes high quality research to support rapidly evolving public health and health protection policy relating to climate change, land use change, and progress toward a low carbon society.
The conference will include sessions on:
- Key research findings on climate risks to public health in the UK.
- Climate emergency: actions to reduce the health effects of climate change by Local Authorities
- Healthy sustainable cities: linking adaptation and low carbon policies for housing, and healthy urban planning.
- How do we encourage healthy and environmental behaviours?
- Baroness Brown of Cambridge DBE FREng FRS, Chair of the Adaptation Sub-Committee of the Committee on Climate Change.
- Professor Isabel Oliver, Director of Research, Translation and Innovation and Deputy Director of the National Infection Service, Public Health England.
- Professor Paul Wilkinson, Professor of Environmental Epidemiology, LSHTM
- Professor Alan Dangour, Director, Centre on Climate Change and Planetary Health, and Professor of Food and Nutrition for Global Health, LSHTM.