The leading experts in child injury prevention and care in Bristol are involved in the Child Injury Prevention and Injury Care Health Integration Team (CIPIC HIT).
- The CIPIC HIT Director is Julie Mytton, Associate Professor of Child Health at UWE, who also leads the prevention workstream
- The first response workstream is led by Sammer Tang, Clinical Development Manager at South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust.
- The rehabilitation workstream is led by Louise Lloyd, Therapy Manager at UHBristol.
There are four injury themes, each with a lead clinician:
- Burns and Scalds – Amber Young, Consultant Paediatric Anaesthetist, University Hospitals Bristol and Clinical Lead, South West South West Children’s Burns Network.
- Fractures –Fergal Monsell, Consultant Paediatric Orthopaedic surgeon, University Hospitals Bristol
- Head Injuries – Mark Lyttle, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children and Senior Research Fellow, UWE.
- Major Trauma – Giles Haythornethwaite, Paediatric Major Trauma Centre Clinical Lead, University Hospitals Bristol.