Who was involved?
The leading experts in respiratory infection in Bristol were involved in the Respiratory Infections Health Integration Team. At the time of the HIT's closure in April 2017, the HIT Executive Group was made up of:
- HIT director and executive group chair: Professor Alastair Hay, Professor of Primary Care, GP, National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Professor and Reader in Primary Health Care, University of Bristol
- Dr Nick Maskell, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, North Bristol Trust and Academic Reader, University of Bristol
- Dr Mark Lyttle, A&E Consultant, Bristol Children's Hospital
- Professor John Henderson, Professor of Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, University of Bristol and Bristol Children's Hospital
- Dr Peter Muir, Consultant Virologist
- Olly Watson, Senior Project Manager, Bristol Health Partners